Electronics Technician Opening
Due to expanding business activities, Langley-based geophysical contractor requires a full-time electronics technician. The successful candidate will be dependable, self-motivated, detail oriented, a team player, and enjoy working with technology.
Duties would include:
– Troubleshoot and repair electronics on geophysical systems.
– Routine maintenance and upgrades of electronic systems.
– Design and install geophysical equipment.
– Support geophysical survey operations in a wide variety of locations.
– Other duties as may be required from time to time.
Minimum qualifications are:
– Fluency in English language – spoken and written.
– Formal training such as a degree in electrical engineering or diploma in electronics.
– Understanding of electronic concepts and principles.
– Excellent debugging and diagnostics skills.
– Ability to solder, remove and install electronic components.
– Understanding of electrical/electronic schematics.
– Ability to use electronic test equipment including digital multimeters and oscilloscopes.
– Good physical health.
– Able to travel to national and international work sites.
– Valid Canadian passport or equivalent.
– Valid driver's license and safe driving record.
– Good computer and technology skills.
– Sees the big picture, makes decisions, and changes focus quickly as demands change.
– Can effectively cope with change.
– Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Candidates with skills in geophysics, mineral exploration, aviation, machining, composite materials, computer programming, or additional languages will be preferred.
If you meet these qualifications, please send us your resume along with covering letter and references for consideration. Please include in your covering letter why you think you meet the qualifications and outline any relevant experience you have. Salary/compensation to be discussed.