Geophysical Technician Opening
Precision GeoSurveys is a leading provider of airborne geophysical surveys in western Canada and internationally. Due to expanding business operations, we require a geophysical survey technician to help support our field and office work.
Duties would include:
– Operate and maintain geophysical equipment.
– Assist geophysicists with data processing and map preparation.
– Assist electronics technicians and aircraft maintenance engineers with aircraft repair and maintenance duties.
– Other duties as may be required from time to time.
– Fluency in English language – spoken and written.
– Academic training in geophysics, geology, mathematics, physics, GIS, or electronics.
– Physically fit.
– Valid Canadian passport with no travel restrictions.
– Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence with clean driving record.
– Able to travel frequently and on short notice.
– Comfortable with complex computer hardware and software.
This is an ideal opportunity for a candidate who enjoys travel, adventure, and science.
If you meet these qualifications, please send us your resume along with covering letter and references for consideration. Please include in your covering letter why you think you meet the qualifications and outline any relevant experience you have. Salary/compensation to be discussed.